Make this Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe in the Pressure Cooker, Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or the slow cooker Crock pot. It is an easy low carb dinner that you will love.
I have been obsessed with my Instant Pot pressure cooker and Ninja Foodi since I got them last year and the year before that. Pressure cooking is so easy and super fast.
It makes cooking so much easier because you just dump everything in and go go about you business while you cook. As I type this, my pressure cooker is making me an awesome Keto dinner.
One of the fist things that I cooked in my Instant Pot was this Whole Chicken Soup. It made cooking a whole chicken so much easier that I continued to make Instant Pot recipes.
This low carb chicken chili is a great comfort food that fits into a low carb keto diet. You will love this recipe.
It is the perfect Keto Dinner for beginners because you just put all the ingredients into the crockpot or Instant Pot, set it and forget it.
Keto Main Courses
Here are some more of our favorite Keto main course:
- This Keto Beef Stew is also made in the Pressure Cooker.
- The Low Carb Chicken Parm is a Keto take on a traditional Italian dish.
- If you are looking for a main dish that your kids will love, try this Keto Flat Bread Pizza.
- This Roasted Red Pepper Chicken is a delicious and unique way to eat chicken on a weeknight.
- Keto Cheeseburger Casserole Recipe with Bacon
Keto Chili Shopping List
- Green Bell Pepper
- Chili Pepper Spice
- Chicken Breasts
- Chicken bone broth
- Fresh Cauliflower
- Cumin Spice
- Onion Powder
Bone broth or Chicken Stock
You can use bone broth or chicken stock in the easy Keto White Chicken Chili. The reason why I choose bone broth over chicken stock is that bone broth is more nutritious than stock.
Bone broth contains collagen from the bones themselves and the bone marrow that is in it is rich in magnesium, zinc, iron, and vitamin A & K.
Not all bone broth is created equal. Some bone broths that claim to be made with bones really aren’t. You can tell if a bone broth is real by the fact that it is gelatin like in the fridge and at room temperature. Fake bone broth is more of a liquid like chicken stock and chicken broth.
Bell Peppers & Jalapeño Pepper
This is a beanless white chicken chili is made with green bell peppers and Jalapeños. You can choose to use different peppers based on your liking.
I have seen where people use canned green chiles with great success. If you are looking for canned chilies, make sure to check the label to ensure you are not adding too many carbs or even sugar to the chili.
Keto White Chicken Chili Nutrition Facts
This low carb chicken chili nutrition information is detailed fully below. There are 10 carbs and 4 grams of fiber per serving. They have 6 net carbs.
How to Make White Chicken Chili in the Pressure Cooker?
Start by washing and removing the leaves from the head of cauliflower.
Next, add in the diced up chicken breast. You can add them in even if they are frozen or thawed. Then, add the chicken bone broth and the salt to the pressure cooker.
Dice and add the green bell pepper into the pressure cooker.
Then, dice and seed 1/4 of the Jalapeño Pepper. Add in the Jalapeño pepper. However, if you would like a spicier chili, do not seed the Jalapeño.
Next, add in the cauliflower into the pressure cooker.
It is time to add in the spices to your chili recipe. First, add the chili pepper.
Then, add in the garlic powder.
Add in the two teaspoons of cumin.
Then, add the salt into the chili.
Finally, set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 2 hours.
When the chicken chili is finished cooking, shred the chicken with two forks. Then, add in 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Mix everything together.
Garnish with fresh green peppers and avocado.
Slow Cooker Method
You can also use your Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi as a slow cooker if you will be gone all day. Of course, if you do not have one of these, you can use your Crockpot or Slow Cooker.
Start by washing and removing the leaves from the cauliflower. Cut of the cauliflower into large chunks. Dice and add the green bell pepper into the slow cooker. Add in the green pepper.
Then, dice and seed 1/4 of the Jalapeño Pepper. Add in the Jalapeño pepper.
However, if you would like a spicier Keto White Chicken Chili, do not seed the Jalapeño.
Next, add in the two teaspoons of cumin, one teaspoons of chili powder, and one teaspoon of onion powder.
Also, add in the diced up chicken. You can add them in even if they are frozen.
Then, add the chicken bone broth and the salt to the slow cooker crockpot .
Finally, cook on high for 4 hours or low on 8 hours.
You can still set the slow cooker for a longer time if you are going to be gone all day. You can use the slow cooker function on the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi or use the Crockpot or slow cooker. There are lots of options of slow cookers.
How to Thicken White Chicken Chili?
Normally, chili and soup is thickened with a roux that is made with flour. When you are on the Keto diet, you have to find something else to thicken your chili because flour is far too high in carbs to eat in a low carb dinner Chili.
You can choose to skip the thickening step and take the recipe as is. That is the best choice when it comes to net carbs because any thickener you add will add more net carbs.
Keto White Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced and Seeded
- 1/4 Jalapeño Diced and Seeded
- 1 tsp Chili Pepper
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Cups bone broth
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Avocado
- Wash and remove the leaves from the cauliflower.
- Dice and add the green bell pepper into the pressure cooker. Add in the green pepper.
- Then, dice and seed 1/4 of the Jalapeño Pepper. Add in the Jalapeño pepper.
- If you would like a spicier chili, do not seed the Jalapeño.
- Add in the two teaspoons of cumin, one teaspoons of chili powder, and one teaspoon of onion powder.
- Next, add in the diced up chicken. You can add them in even if they are frozen.
- Add the chicken bone broth and the salt to the pressure cooker.
- Set the pressure cooker to high pressure for 2 hours.
Can you substitute beef for chicken in chili?
You can use ground beef or stew meat in the chili to turn the white chicken chili into a beef chili.
More Low Carb Recipes
Are you looking for great Keto side dishes and great recipes to go with your Keto main course? Try these awesome Keto Side Dishes.
- This Low Carb Mac & Cheese Recipe is my favorite side dish for potlucks and parties. Everyone loves it and having a less carb option.
- Skip the rice and use cauliflower rice in this Keto Fried Rice Recipe.
- This Homemade French Onion Dip is made from scratch and reminds me of what I remember the Lipton onion dip tastes like. It’s very nostalgic.
- If you are freaked about eating coleslaw on Keto and kinda grossed out by the soggy coleslaw from the grocery, have no fear, you will fall in love with this extremely easy to make Keto friendly coleslaw.
- This easy, Deep Fried Brussel Sprouts Recipe only needs a few simple ingredients from that you probably already have in your pantry. You can easily make this delicious side dish to complement any main course.