Bust out of the boring Keto recipes and spice up your side dishes. Make these Keto deviled eggs today – they have a surprising spicy kick with fun Keto toppings!
Best Keto Side For Cookouts
Deviled eggs are perfect for cookouts or family dinners because they are beautiful and already divided into to easy-to-grab portions.
Another reason I love these eggs? I finally have something I can eat at cookouts and get togethers. The struggle is so real. You go to those things and everyone brings pastas, potatoes, or meats covered in sugary sauces. This side dish gives me something other than the veggie tray to fill up my plate!
And they are not your everyday deviled eggs either. They have a surprisingly spicy kick!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This blog contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure that bookmark our Keto Recipes because we add new ones every week.
- This is a great Keto Recipe book to grab now!
- Take your Keto cooking up a notch with these KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets.
How to Make Keto Deviled Eggs
If you have ever made deviled eggs before, this recipe isn’t all that different. The biggest difference is the type of mayo I used. The overall process is still the same – hard boil the eggs, remove the yolks, mix with mayo, pipe back into the egg whites.
I’ll also share some hard boiling egg tips (like how to use an instant pot).
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe only has a few ingredients. This is all you’ll need to make your own:
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo or Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Seaweed Snacks
That is it!
How to Make Keto Mayo
You can make your own keto low carb mayo – it’s pretty easy. My favorite recipe is from Tasteaholics. That one only calls for egg yolks, vinegar, avocado oil, lemon juice, and spices. It is naturally gluten free and perfect for this low carb recipe.
But if you don’t want to mess with making your own, Primal Kitchen has a whole line of Keto mayos you can use. They are sugar-free and made with eggs, oils, and spices. Primal Kitchen is a line of Paleo products. Paleo and Keto diets often overlap, since lots of Paleo foods are sugar-free.
How to Cook Eggs in the Instant Pot
Can you hard boil eggs in the Instant Pot? Yes, and it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.
You will need the Silicone Pressure Cooker Egg Rack. It keeps all the eggs separated and allows them to be cooked evenly.
Here’s how to hard boil eggs in the Instant Pot:
- Fill the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water
- Place eggs in the OXO Egg Rack and place it in the Instant Pot on top of the rack
- Secure the lid. Make sure the pressure cooker release is set to Sealing position.
- Select the EGG program. If your machine doesn’t have an EGG option, select Steam setting at 5 minutes at high pressure.
- The pot will take about 10 minutes to reach the right temp then it will start the 5 minute countdown.
- After eggs are boiled, let the pressure release naturally for another 5 minutes.
- Soak hard boiled eggs in an ice bath before you begin peeling them.
The good thing about using an Instant Pot is that the eggs are typically easier to peel.
How to Use and Egg Cooker
Another option is to use a microwave egg cooker. It is part of my guide on KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets. This is one of the easiest ways to hard boil eggs, and you can choose directly on the machine how hard or soft you want the eggs.
Just follow the instructions – put the water in the machine, put the eggs in the machine, and turn it on. It has an alarm that will sound when the eggs are done.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
Once the eggs are cooked, you have to take off the shell. Submerge the eggs in cold water.Peel the egg shelf off the eggs.
Cut the eggs in half longwise. I used this awesome egg slicer that helps you cut the eggs in half with ease. It has 3 options for cutting and it is dishwasher safe. The layered construction of the slicer allows for easy storage. With three separate cutting discs, you can cleanly slice, wedge or halve eggs, strawberries and mushrooms.
Remove the egg yolks and add to a large bowl.
Mash the egg yolk until they are broken up into a sandlike texture.
Add two tablespoons of Avocado Oil Mayo and two tablespoons of chipotle lime may and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the egg yokes.
Mix the mayo and the yellow of the eggs well until smooth.
Using a piping bag, add the egg yolk mixture into the bag with a medium tip to pipe the yellow part of the eggs into the cooked egg white bowls.
For this keto deviled egg recipe, I topped the eggs with low carb ingredients – paprika, sliced olives, and seaweed. You can top your eggs with all kinds of fun Keto approve toppings. See below.
We served the deviled eggs on this platter from Crate and Barrel. It is a great platter and lets the eggs shine!
Deviled Egg Toppings
What do you like to put on top of your deviled eggs? A popular option is always paprika. It brings out the mild creaminess of the mayo and eggs. Another awesome option that I have seen a lot for the Keto diet is deviled eggs with bacon.
But if you want some more topping ideas, try some of these:
- Sliced jalapeno peppers or hot peppers
- Bacon, bleu cheese and chives
- Smoked salmon and capers
- Green olives
- Feta, lemon and oregano
More Keto Recipes
Sticking to the Keto diet is so much easier when you have more variety and recipes from which to choose. Here are a few more you should try next.
- KETO Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- EASY Keto Bread Recipe
- KETO Fried Rice
- Low Carb KETO Corned Beef Hash
- KETO Stuffed Mushrooms
Let me know in the comments below how your low carb diet or keto diet is going. Also, check out all of our Keto Dinner Recipes.
Keto Deviled Eggs
- 9 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Mayo
- 3 Olives
- 1 seaweed
- Start by hard boiling eggs in a pot, instant pot or even an egg cooker.
- Submerge the eggs in cold water.Peel the egg shelf off the eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half longwise. Remove the egg yolks and add to a large bowl.
- Mash the egg yolk until they are broken up into a sandlike texture.
- Add two tablespoons of Avocado Oil Mayo and two tablespoons of chipotle lime may and 1/4 teaspoon of salt to the egg yokes.
- Mix the mayo and the yellow of the eggs well until smooth.
- Using a piping bag, add the egg yolk mixture into the bag with a medium tip to pipe the yellow part of the eggs into the cooked egg white bowls.
- Garnish with paprika, sliced olives, and seaweed.
1 thought on “KETO Deviled Eggs Recipe”