The Tik Tok trend with feta pasta caused feta to sell out in grocery stores. Today I am excited to share how to make Tik Tok Inspired Keto Feta Pasta at home.
I have been focusing on meal prep so that I do not eat so much processed low carb foods. This low carb pasta dish lends itself perfectly to meal prep. I set it up in the recipe card as one serving for lunch or dinner.
I make a bunch and measure it out so that I can eat it throughout the week.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This blog contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Feta Pasta
Here are the ingredients in the baked feta pasta that you will need. You can get the exact amounts in the recipe card below to make your own personalized keto feta pasta.
- Cherry Tomatoes – You are looking for small tomatoes like cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or any other tiny bite sized tomatoes you like. Some grocery stores have mini heirloom tomatoes.
- Fresh Basil – The best choice of spices for this dish is fresh basil. I grow it inside my house and it is extremely easy to care for. If you do not have access to fresh basil, a dried Italian spice will work too. Just make sure there is no sugar in the spice.
- Olive Oil – You can use olive oil or olive oil spray to add the extra virgin olive oil flavor to the dish.
- Garlic – For spice, you can use fresh pressed garlic or minced garlic from the jar. I have made the dish with and without the garlic and both tasted great. You can even saute onions as alternative to garlic if you prefer onion flavor to garlic flavor.
- Feta Cheese – I used a block of feta cheese and measured out the amount to make sure that the flavor of the pasta would not be overwhelmed by the feta taste.
- Palmini Noodles – These are the best keto noodles that I have ever eaten. They are made from the heart of palm vegetable and work perfectly in this dish and simulate pasta.
- Spices – I like to spice up the dish with a salt and pepper because the flavor are really coming from the many ingredients rather than too many extra spices.
Tools and Supplies
Baking Dish – I used a small baking dish like a Pyrex and if you want to get fancy these Staub ceramic baking dishes are a dream.
The stoneware dishes that I am using here are from Temp-Tations by Tara. They are oven safe and come in a ton of fun patterns.
The pyrex with the snap top has the added benefit of being air tight so you can take it to work with you.
If you get a ton of the pyrex containers, you can batch make these feta pastas for the week, it would be really easy to do. I have not bought this bundle of meal prep containers yet, but they are calling my name and in my amazon cart right now.
How to Make Keto Feta Pasta?
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Start by adding the tomatoes to the baking dish whole and uncut.
Then, add the feta cheese into the middle of them and top with basil leaves.
Next, spray the olive oil on top of the tomatoes and the feta.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to spice.
Then, if you are adding garlic, sprinkle the minced or pressed garlic over the tomatoes and the feta cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Then, add the Palmini noodles and the basil into the baking dish and mix.
Bake for another 5 minutes.
Alternative Low Carb Pasta Choices
The best part of the tik tok feta pasta is that you have all kinds of low carb noodle options.
Zoodles Keto Pasta
You an buy premade zucchini noodles or make your own zoodles with a spiralizer. Here is the spiralizer that we use at home.
How to Make Feta Pasta with Zoodles?
- Start by baking the feta cheese and tomatoes in a baking dish for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Then, spiralize the zucchini or get out your pre-cut zucchini pasta. Add the noodles as the same time that you would the Palmini noodles as described in the recipe card.
- Mix the zucchini noodles in with the tomatoes and cheese to make a creamy sauce to coat the zoodles.
- Serve hot.
These delicious angel hair shirataki noodles are thin and airy, so they make a great starting point for many low carb entrees.
Each serving of Miracle Noodle Angel Hair contains zero calories and less than 1 gram of carbs. I
n fact, that small carb content is only from the fiber and a natural calcium additive that helps the noodles keep their shape
Miracle noodles are 97% water and 3% soluble plant fiber and mineral lime water to help the noodles keep their shape.
It’s the same way the Buddhist monks who developed these noodles made them over 1,400 years ago.
Substiutions and Variations
- You can cook ground beef with Italian spices and add it to the dish. I like to saute the beef and add it to the dish with some fresh no sugar added marinara sauce.
- You can add other a precooked proteins like chicken, lamb, or even canned tuna or canned chicken. Shrimp is another great low carb choice.
- Skip the noodles and serve this as a keto friendly appetizer with these Crispy ALMOND FLOUR Crackers Recipe.
- If you are not too concerned with low carbs, you can substiute your farvorite pasta. They have black bean pasta and even chickpea pasta that tastes great.
- You can also add some fresh spinach lightly wilted spinach cooked in olive oil and some of your favorite olives to add a healthy fats and nutrients.
- If you like citrus flavors, you can zest lemon on top of the tomatoes and feta before putting it in the oven. It adds a nice summer flavor.
Tik Tok Inspired Keto Feta Pasta
The Tik Tok trend caused feta to sell out in grocery stores. Today I am excited to share how to make Tik Tok Inspired Keto Feta Pasta
- 8 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 oz Hearts of Palm
- 3 Basil Leaves
- 1 oz Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Start by adding the tomatoes to the baking dish whole and uncut.
- Then, add the feta cheese into the middle of them.
- Next, pour or spray the olive oil on top of the tomatoes and the feta.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to spice.
- Then, if you are adding garlic, sprinkle the minced or pressed garlic over the tomatoes and the feta cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Then, add the Palmini noodles and the basil into the baking dish and mix.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 25mgSodium 809mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 8g
1 thought on “Tik Tok Inspired Keto Feta Pasta”
I have never seen that brand of pasta before but will be looking for it. And I love feta cheese so this is a must try recipe. Thanks for sharing it this week. #HomeMattersParty