This amazing Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe is the perfect topping for a side salad or a dip for low carb crackers or veggies.
We absolutely love ranch dressing in our house. We use it on everything and my daughter is also a huge fan.
I have been making this for a long time even before I was on Keto. I like to buy the spices that I use in this recipe in bulk from places like Costco. Here are some of my favorite Keto Costco finds.
I can mix the spice in advance and then mix it with the wet ingredients when it is time to make fresh homemade ranch dressing.
Story of Ranch Dressing
Did you know that ranch was invented by American – Steve Hensen. He is a plumber turned cowboy. He cooked for his coworkers in Alaska and perfected his buttermilk dressing recipe.
Years later he moved to California with his wife and bought a ranch. You guessed it – Hidden Valley Ranch. Steve’s famous ranch dressing started selling it to guests and local supermarkets.
Years later, the couple sold their name and recipe to Clorox for $8 million!
While many competitors have since come up with their own versions of ranch dressing, Hidden Valley is still considered the US favorite.
Most of its sales are made in the South and Midwest areas of the United States, where ranch truly reigns as king.
Since I am originally from the North East, I did not eat ranch dressing until I was in high school.
My friends would eat it with everything and I fell in love with the school lunch ranch dressing. I would dip french fries and pizza in the amazing ranch dressing.
The only ranch dressing that I ever found that came close to the flavor of the prized school lunch ranch was Outback Steakhouse’s Ranch Dressing.
Then, I randomly met my old lunch lady at a bar year and years later. I cornered her and got the recipe! It was a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch with buttermilk and mayo! LOL
The Keto ranch dressing recipe that I am sharing with you today is extremely close to the original recipe that I fell in love with all those years ago.
Instead of adding preservatives, I like to make it with fresh and keto friendly ingredients instead of the ones that are able to sit on the grocery shelves for eons.
Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe
To make this yummy homemade ranch dressing, you will need these dairy ingredients and spices. Get the full list of measurements in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Dairy – Avocado Mayonnaise and Buttermilk
- Spices – Chives, Dill, Parsley, Paprika, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Cayenne pepper, and salt and black pepper.
For a while, I was not able to find fresh buttermilk in the stores. It was making me crazy! You can actually get buttermilk powder instead of fresh liquid buttermilk.
Tip: For best results, prepare the ranch dressing the night before to give the flavors a chance to develop.
How to Make Keto Ranch Dressing?
To prepare the low carb ranch dressing, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Then, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
How to Use Ranch Dressing?
- Keto Cobb Salad – You can use this amazing buttermilk ranch dressing to make a Keto Cobb Salad.
- Dip for Keto Veggies – You can use this dressing to dip low carb vegetables like like
- Dip for Keto Crackers – You can dip these amazing almond flour crackers in the ranch dip.
Meal Plan Low Carb Recipes
- Breakfast – Low Carb KETO Scones Recipe
- Dinner – KETO Meatloaf Muffins Recipe
- Dessert – The BEST Keto Macarons Recipe
Keto Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise avocado or regular
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1½ Tbsp chives chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- To prepare the low carb ranch dressing, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Then, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.