This Caprese Stuffed Chicken is a modification of the original Caprese Salad with chicken stuffed with Buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, basil with a Keto balsamic glaze and olive oil drizzle.
This new take on has the Caprese salad stuffed in grilled chicken. We make it all the time for dinner and it has become a family favorite.
Caprese Salad is a traditional Italian favorite that is made of sliced fresh mozzorella, tomatoes, and sweet basil.
It is seasoned with salt and pepper and olive oil. Sometimes it is prepared with balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top. Also, Caprese is sometimes laid over a bed of arugula.
The traditional Caprese salad is made with the colors of the Italian flag. We like to share Italian pride in as many foods as possible.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure that bookmark our Keto Recipes because we add new ones every week.
- This is a great Keto Recipe book to grab now!
- Take your Keto cooking up a notch with these KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets.
Caprese Stuffed Chicken Recipe
This caprese stuffed balsamic chicken recipe is gluten free and extremely low carb. The Caprese Salad is a great choice for when you are dining at an Italian restaurant.
I put together this easy gluten-free chicken caprese salad recipe that includes buffalo mozzarella and delicious cherry tomatoes.
This chicken caprese is awesome because it is healthy and really easy to make.
Ingredients You Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. The full printable recipe is below. I like to print the recipe it while I cook.
- Chicken Breasts
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Brown Swerve
We decided to use the new Brown Swerve which works really well for baking on the Keto diet. It is gluten free and has zero net carbs.
Brown Swerve is sweet and delicious. It is a natural brown sugar replacement that does not have the bitter aftertaste associated with other sweeteners like stevia and monkfruit.
All you have to do is measure it like brown sugar. If a recipe calls for a cup of brown sugar; simply replace with a cup of Swerve.
Caprese Salad Variations
The Classic caprese salad has large tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, olive, and salt and pepper.
We add balsamic vinegar and chicken to this recipe. You can also some of these ingredients to change things up and based on what you have on hand.
You can use Italian dressing or pesto in place of olive oil, or red vinegar in addition to it.
Olives may also be added into the mix. We know that the flavors go great together like with Steak Pizzaola.
You can also add arugula or romaine lettuce to add to greenery of the dish.
For spices, you can add oregano, parsley, or dry Italian Spices
Is Caprese Stuffed Chicken Keto Friendly?
This dinner is extremely Keto Friendly with only 3 carbs per serving and 1 gram of fiber with net carbs of only 2 per chicken breast.
Related Recipes: Low Carb Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Serve this Dinner with: Low Carb Grilled Green Onions Recipe, Air Fryer Green Beans, and Air Fryer Cauliflower Recipe.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This blog contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Tools and Supplies
- Baking Sheet
- Tooth Picks
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
Here are some of my favorite KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets that you have to check out!
How to the Make Keto Balsamic Glaze?
To make low carb balsamic glaze, in a small sauce pot add balsamic vinegar and brown swerve over medium heat.
Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and let simmer.
Stirring occasionally until the vinegar thickens and is reduced by half.
It should take about 8-10 minutes to reduce.
Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before serving.
How to Make Stuffed Caprese Chicken?
Start with a chicken breast. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast.
Take care not to cut all the way through so that the cheese does not spill out of all sides.
Then, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Next, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
Fill each of the chicken breast pockets with fresh tomato, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves.
Use toothpicks to Seal the chicken.
Add the chicken onto the baking sheet.
Put it intro the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure that the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink and the cheese has melted.
Top of the chicken breasts by drizzling of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Glaze over the top.
Keto Meal Plan
Here is a meal plan to go with this low carb dinner – caprese stuffed chicken breasts.
- Breakfast – LOW CARB Zucchini Slice Recipe
- Lunch – Keto Greek Salad with KETO Greek Dressing
- Dessert – Keto Macarons
Wine Pairing with Chicken
You can pair chicken dishes likes this Mozzarella Chicken Bake with Chardonnnay for white wine fans and Pinor Noir for red wine fans.
I am normally a white wine enthusiast until I drank this Dove Hunt Dog Pinot Noir. It has low residual sugar making it ideal for those of us on the Keto Diet.
This brand of wine is Clean Crafted so that it is less likely to cause headaches. You can learn more about clean crafted wine here.
Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 Basil Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Brown Swerve
- How to the Make Keto Balsamic Glaze?
- To make low carb balsamic glaze, in a small sauce pot add balsamic vinegar and brown swerve over medium heat.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat and let simmer.
- Stirring occasionally until the vinegar thickens and is reduced by half.
- It should take about 8-10 minutes to reduce.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely before serving.
- How to Make Stuffed Caprese Chicken?
- Start with a chicken breast. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of the chicken breast. Take care not to cut all the way through so that the cheese does not spill out of all sides.
- Then, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Next, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fill each of the chicken breast pockets with fresh tomato, mozzarella cheese, and basil leaves.
- Use toothpicks to Seal the chicken.
- Add the chicken onto the baking sheet.
- Put it intro the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes. Make sure that the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink and the cheese has melted.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Top of the chicken breasts by drizzling of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Glaze over the top.
1 thought on “Low Carb Caprese Stuffed Chicken”
This is my favorite dinner yet!