This Air Fryer Squash Recipe is the perfect side dish or low carb snack. You can easily make it in your favorite air fryer.
To make this recipe, we used 2 yellow squash. We actually got a bag of zucchini and yellow squash this summer on our last food order.
We used the Zucchini to make this Zucchini slice breakfast and then the yellow squash was sitting there all unused and lonely.
Yellow squash and zucchini don’t taste that much different so I decided to give our breaded zucchini recipe a try on the yellow squash. It worked out great and I was so happy not to be waisting food.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure that bookmark our Keto Recipes because we add new ones every week.
- This is a great Keto Recipe book to grab now!
- Take your Keto cooking up a notch with these KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets.
Air Fryer Squash Recipe
Here are some of the ingredients in this air fryer recipe. You can get the full amounts and cooking time in the recipe card below.
- Yellow Summer Squash
- Parmesan Cheese
- Almond Flour
- Salt & Pepper
Tools & Supplies
- Air Fryer
Here are some of my favorite KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets that you have to check out!
How Many Carbs per slice?
Each slice of these breaded summer squashes are about zero net carbs. With 1 gram of carbs and 1 gram of fiber, they level each other out.
Obviously, that does not mean they are a food that you can eat in mass quantities. The carb is under 1 net carb per slice, but as you eat more that small percentage of a net carb starts adding up.
The breading contains almond flour and that has a decent amount of carbs in it.
You can jump to recipe for the full nutritional information.
How to Make Air Fryer Squash?
Start by washing the squash and slicing it into 1/2 inch rounds.
Then, break eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
In another large bowl, mix the almond flour and parmesan cheese in equal parts.
Next, spice the flour and cheese with salt and pepper to taste.
Sometimes, you will need to add more of the breading to the bowl than you end up using because of the way that the extra eggs gets caught up in the breading.
Dip the squash pieces into the egg first. Let it mostly drip off.
Then, dip into the almond flour mixture.
Repeat until all the piece of squash are breaded.
Next, add the summer squash to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Set the air fryer to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
The squash is done when they are golden brown.
More Keto Side Dishes
- Refreshing KETO Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Fresh KETO Broccoli Slaw Salad
- Crispy ALMOND FLOUR Crackers Recipe
- Crispy KETO Kale Chips Recipe
Air Fryer Squash Recipe
- 2 Cups Yellow Summer Squash
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- Start by washing the squash and slicing it into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Then, break eggs into a small bowl and whisk.
- In another large bowl, mix the almond flour and parmesan cheese in equal parts.
- Next, spice the flour and cheese with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the squash pieces into the egg first.
- Then, dip into the almond flour mixture.
- Repeat until all the piece of squash are breaded.
- Next, add the summer squash to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Set the air fryer to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- The squash is done when they are golden brown.