This Keto Chicken Salad Recipe makes a great low carb lunch over a bed of spinach. You can make it ahead of time and eat it throughout the week.
We have a ton of canned chicken in my pantry that I using for lunch to feed my family. I made a delicious Canned Chicken Salad Recipe that my whole family enjoyed.
This yummy chicken salad is made with ingredients you will have in your fridge and pantry already. I have given some options to help you substitute just in case you are running low one veggies.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure that bookmark our Keto Recipes because we add new ones every week.
- This is a great Keto Recipe book to grab now!
- Take your Keto cooking up a notch with these KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets.
How many Carbs per serving?
This low carb chicken salad has 3 net carbs per serving with 5 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber.
Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- Mayonnaise – My favorite mayo on the Keto diet is avocado mayonnaise.
- Dijon mustard – You can add some flavor to this chicken salad by adding some dijon mustard.
- Dill –
- Salt & Pepper –
- Chicken Breast – You can make this Canned Chicken Salad Recipe with canned or fresh oven baked or even boiled chicken. I have made it with all three and there is not much of difference.
- Celery – This is a great choice for chicken salad as it adds a crunch to the mixture. It is also exceptionally good because it is an extremely low carb vegetable filled with antioxidants and nutrients.
- Baby Spinach – We love to use spinach in keto dishes because it is a very low carb vegetable with lots of vitamins and minerals.
- Blue cheese –
- Walnuts – We chose to use walnuts to make these muffins, but you can also other Keto friendly nuts like almonds, sunflower seeds (shelled), Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, peanuts, pine nuts, or hazelnuts.
Some nuts like cashews should be really avoided on the keto diet because they are extremely high in carbs.
All nuts and desserts, even Keto desserts, should be eaten in moderation on Keto diet.
What to Eat with Chicken Salad Dip
This chicken salad can be used as chicken dip by just adding a little more mayo. It can be be very scoopable and spreadable. Here are some ideas on what to spread it on and what to scoop it with.
- Crackers – Choose your favorite crackers to dip into the chicken salad. Here are our favorite keto crackers.
- Chips – Tortilla Chips are a great choice or make your own Low Carb Tortilla Chips Recipe
- Keto Bread or Toast – Spread on your favorite low carb bread or toast.
- Pretzels – You can dip curl traditional hard pretzels or make your own soft pretzels
- Vegetables: Celery, Broccoli, Carrots, Sliced Red Peppers, Sliced Green Peppers, Raw Broccoli, Raw Cauliflower, Snap Peas.
Tools & Supplies
This Canned Chicken Salad Recipe is Keto Friendly. If you eat it with lettuce wraps, veggies or low carb chips, you can keep this salad Keto.
Variations in Ingredients
- Add Bacon! Bacon is always a fantastic addition to just about any creamy dip like this. Pre-cooked store bought bacon is totally fine. Just make up about 4-6 slices, cut up in bite sized pieces and add to your finished dip and stir in.
- Add Cheese! I personally believe cheddar cheese is THE cheese for dips. It has a nice sharp flavor and is also a pretty color (and your eyes also love to eat). That being said, Pepper jack cheese would be a great change or even splitting your cheddar and pepper jack in half for this recipe would give it a little extra kick.
Need More Salad Recipes?
- Keto Greek Salad with KETO Greek Dressing
- Refreshing KETO Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Fresh KETO Broccoli Slaw Salad
- Breakfast – Low Carb KETO Scones Recipe
- Dinner – KETO Meatloaf Muffins Recipe
- Dessert – Keto Cheesecake Fluff Recipe
Print the Low Carb Chicken Salad Recipe
I like to print my recipes so that I can use it while I am cooking. I don’t like getting food on my phone.
How to Make Keto Chicken Salad?
In a mixing bow, start by combining the mayo, Dijon mustard, and dried dill.
Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
Add the shredded chicken breast and chopped celery to the bowl and toss to combine.
Divide the baby spinach between 4 chilled serving plates.
Add one quarter of the chicken salad to each plate and top with some of the blue cheese and chopped walnuts.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutritional information provided for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical guidance or advice.
Keto Chicken Salad Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ tsp dill
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ lbs. chicken breast shredded
- 2 cups celery diced
- 3 cup baby spinach
- 3 oz. blue cheese crumbled
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- In a mixing bow, start by combining the mayo, Dijon mustard, and dried dill.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Add the shredded chicken breast and chopped celery to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Divide the baby spinach between 4 chilled serving plates.
- Add one quarter of the chicken salad to each plate and top with some of the blue cheese and chopped walnuts.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!