We have been working on this amazing Keto Banana Bread for the past few weeks. This is the best possible low carb banana bread out there!
Banana bread is such a nostalgic food for me and my family. As soon as I smell banana bread, I am brought immediately back to childhood.
It is quite amazing how the sense of smelling something familar is able to transport you to another time and place.
Even though we are on the low carb diet, does not mean we have to miss out on delicious banana bread.
You get to sniff your bread and eat too!
I am such a huge lover of bread that I find myself sniffing bread that I know I can’t eat. Does that make me a crazy person? I hope I’m not the only one. LOL
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure that bookmark our Keto Recipes because we add new ones every week.
- This is a great Keto Recipe book to grab now!
- Take your Keto cooking up a notch with these KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets.
Are Bananas Keto Friendly?
Real banana are not really Keto friendly or low carb at all. They are actually really high in carbs and will kick you out of Ketosis. That is why we used banana extract to make this recipe.
I was pleasantly surprised that the banana extract gave an authentic banana flavor without adding extra carbs. YAY!! Banana extract for the WIN!
How Many Carbs per Slice of low Carb banana bread?
There are 7 grams of carbs per slice with 3 grams of fiber meaning that the net carbs for each banana bread slice is 4 net carbs.
The carb count is reduced by using almond flour instead of all purpose flour, banana extract instead of bananas, and Lily Chocolate Chips.
Swerve should be eaten in moderation as should the low carb banana bread. Erythritol and oligosaccharides, the two main ingredients in Swerve, have been associated with digestive upsets.
I have eaten too much Swerve and it gave me a stomach ache. Eat too much of anything with artificial sweeteners can cause stomach upsets.
What to Spread on Banana Bread?
You will love this recipe on its own or add some fun spreads to the bread.
- Keto Cheesecake Fluff Recipe
- Cream Cheese
- KETO Whipped Cream Recipe
- Almond Butter
- Peanut Butter
- Sunflower Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Fresh Berries
- Low Carb Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This blog contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Banana Bread Recipe
Here are some of the ingredients for the low carb banana bread recipe. You can get the full measurements and a printable version by pressing jump to recipe above.
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Swerve
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- Xanthan Gum
- Vanilla Extract
We decided to use the new Brown Swerve which works really well for baking on the Keto diet. It is gluten free and has zero net carbs.
Brown Swerve is sweet and delicious. It is a natural brown sugar replacement that does not have the bitter aftertaste associated with other sweeteners like stevia and monkfruit.
All you have to do is measure it like brown sugar. If a recipe calls for a cup of brown sugar; simply replace with a cup of Swerve.
Lily Chocolate Chips
Lily Chocolate Chips are sweetened with Stevia. It is a zero calorie botanical sweetener derived from the plant Stevia Rebaudiana.
The Stevia gives Lily’s natural a richness and less sugar than typical chocolates. Lily is Fair Trade, Gluten-Free and Non-GMO.
Tools & Supplies
- Loaf Pan
- Stand Mixer
Here are some of my favorite KETO Kitchen Tools and Gadgets that you have to check out!
How to make Keto banana bread?
Set out the butter before you start so that it can come to room temperature.
Start with a large bowl. Add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and xanthan gum into the large bowl. Whisk everything together to combine.
Set the dry ingredients aside.
Then, in a stand mixer, whisk the heavy cream until it becomes whipped cream. Don’t over mix or else it will become butter.
Next, clean out the stand mixer and switch to a paddle attachment.
Cream the butter and then add the brown Swerve and cream them together.
Then, while mixing at a low speed add the eggs, the banana extract and vanilla extract, and the whipped cream. You might need to stop and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
Again at a low speed, slowly pour the dry ingredients in and mix until incorporated.
Then, add the Lily’s chocolate chips and let the paddle distribute them evenly.
Shut the mixer off and pour the batter into a prepared bread tin, careful not to overfill.
Put the tin into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. The take it out and cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t over flow the tin.
Take it out and check the doneness with a skewer. If it comes out dry it is done. Continue baking in 10 minute intervals if it is not.
Can you freeze keto banana bread?
You freeze keto banana bread by allowing it to cool completely after it comes out of the oven. Then, slice the bread and wrap individual pieces in parchment paper and put them in an air tight container.
To thaw, simply place a loaf in the refrigerator overnight. Do not let it thaw on the counter since the majority of the ingredients are egg.
More Keto Recipes
Here are some of our favorite Keto dessert recipes:
- Cinnamon KETO Rice Pudding
- 5 Minute Keto Fudge Recipe
- Keto Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- The BEST Keto Macarons
- Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Low Carb Meal Plan
This low carb baked good is a great Keto snack, low carb breakfast, or dessert is part of this meal plan:
- Breakfast – LOW CARB Zucchini Slice Recipe
- Lunch – Keto Cashew Chicken – Chinese American Favorite
- Dinner – Low Carb Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Wine Pairing with Bananas Dessert
The best wine pairing that I have found for this banana bread recipe is this Gallivant Sauvignon Blanc. It is delicious and has low residual sugar only .5 grams per bottle.
The wine pairs extremely well with desserts like low carb banana bread.
Since it is Clean Crafted wine, it will be a lower carb choice than most red wines. Learn more about residual sugar here.
Keto Banana Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar – Swerve
- 14 grams lilys chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and xantham gum. Whisk everything together to combine.
- Set the dry ingredients aside.
- Then, in a stand mixer, whisk the heavy cream until it becomes whipped cream. Don’t over mix or else it will become butter.
- Clean out the stand mixer and switch to a paddle attachment. Cream the butter and then add the brown sugar and cream them together.
- Then while mixing at a low speed add the eggs, the banana and vanilla extract, and the whipped cream. You might need to stop and scrape down the sides.
- Again at a low speed, slowly pour the dry ingredients in and mix until incorporated. Then add the chocolate chips and let mother paddle distribute them evenly.
- Shut the mixer off and pour the batter into a prepared bread tin, careful not to overfill. Put the tin into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. The take it out and cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 30 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t over flow the tin.
- Take it out and check the doneness with a skewer. If it comes out dry it is done. Continue baking in 10 minute intervals if it is not.